My first prancerwhoknits blog post in August 2010 was called Knitting Bucket List. Of the items listed, I’m happy to say that I’ve completed quite a few over the past year.
- complete summit shawl – Done!
- socks – Done!
- perfect continental
- fair isle something
- cardigan (I think three baby cardigans count) – Done!
- visit a sheep-wool farm (Heelside Farms for a spin & knit in) – Done!
- spin (I’ll be tackling this during a SAFF Beginning Spinning class in two weeks) – Almost done.
- spindle – Done!
- dye (I’ll be tackling this during a SAFF class in two weeks) – Almost done.
- attend a fiber/knitting event (Carolina FiberFest 2010 and 2011, Stitch ‘n’ Pitch, Spring Yarn Crawl and SAFF in two weeks) – Done!
- a sweater that fits
- design a pattern (I’ve designed a few very simple baby bib and hat patterns. Hope to get more advanced once I read a few knit wear design books).
- organize a knitting community event (2011 Autumn Yarn Crawl) – Done!
- open an Etsy store
A few items I would like to add for 2012:
- teach a knitting class or two
- yarn bombing
- organize another knitting, crochet and spinning community event
- dahlia cardigan
- purchase a spinning wheel
- purchase a spindle
- knit something from my very own handspun
What’s on your knitting and spinning list for 2012?