Makes: ¾ cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
4 green onions or ¼ cup red onions, chopped
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
2-3 tablespoons water
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky. Taste test – be careful it’s potent. Adjust lime juice and salt to taste.
2. Serve cold with tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads or Indian dishes.
3. Keeps in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
• Pour leftovers into freezer safe containers. Store for up to 2-3 months.
• Save time when making guacamole or seasoned black beans by making a batch of cilantro chutney to use as a replacement for when recipes call for cilantro, garlic, and onions.