Black beans and sweet potatoes go together quite nicely as burgers. The starch in the potatoes provides a nice glue to keep everything together. They’re quick to make on a school night and they freeze well.
Makes: 6 burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 cups black beans, cooked
2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled & mashed
1 chipotle pepper, minced
3 teaspoons chipotle pepper sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Cilantro Chutney
3 tablespoons corn meal
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or with foil and lightly grease.
2. Place black beans in a food processor and pulse 5 times.
3. Place all ingredients in a large mixing. Mix with hands until well combined.
4. Using your hands make bun-sized burgers with mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, rotate sheet and bake for 10 more minutes. The burgers should be golden brown.
6. Top with Fresh Guacamole and Green Tomato Pineapple Salsa or your favorite burger toppings.
7. Keeps in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Place leftovers into freezer safe container with wax sheets between burgers. Store for up to 2-3 months.