Makes: 6 burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 1/2 cups black eye peas, cooked and slightly mashed
1/2 cup old fashioned oats, pulsed in processor until ground
1 cup portobello mushrooms, pulsed in processor until finely chopped
2 cups baby spinach leaves, lightly packed and pulsed in processor until finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or with foil and lightly grease.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Using your hands make bun-sized burgers with mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotate sheet and bake for 10 more minutes. The patties should be golden brown.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings. Serve over a bed of mixed greens for a lighter meal.
- Keeps in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Place leftovers into freezer safe container with wax sheets between burgers. Store for up to 2-3 months.